The reviewer stated having to deal with “sweaty” hands during the test but claimed the keyboard area was not, in this case, “uncomfortably hot”. — Tom's Guide. Dell G5 15 SE (5505) design. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H 8 x 2.9 - 4.2 GHz, Renoir (Zen 2) Graphics adapter. The Dell G5 15SE (5505) looks great in this supernova silver finish, with a rainbow-shaped spikeled dot on the lid and a gray panel on the bottom. I have been with Notebookcheck since 2012. Download dell supportassist and have it download all of the drivers and see if that helps. The G5 SE always use 20. Dell Support. Engineered to be adventure-ready Vivid sounds : Dual speakers with Nahimic 3D Audio for gamers let you hear every plan-of-attack with crisp clarity. Irrespective of whether you like gaming or not, the Dell G5 15 SE 5505 is one of those superior models that suffice all your computing needs. Can I play without the battery being plugged in? Dell G5 15 SE 5505 - game freezes, black screens, then reboot. I especially enjoy writing about technological advances, compelling rumors, and intriguing tech-related leaks. I actually sent my laptop in for RMA, the second laptop I got as replacement seems to work completely fine, though I am waiting for it to crash. Download and install the latest drivers, firmware and software. If it still doesn't work https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/hmjuxy/i_finally_got_my_dell_g5_15_es_4800hrx5600m/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share. The Dell G5 15 SE (5505) appears to be like nice on this Supernova Silver end, which has a rainbow-like speckled dots on the lid and a gray panel on the underside. After the reformat my system is much more stable. Also I do have the latest AMD drivers, but that's all I've downloaded, I constantly check for Windows and Dell Updates as well. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 gaming laptop review: Does the trick for gamers Quelle: Gadgets Now EN→DE The Dell G5 5505 is a competent machine for gamers. Dell G5 15 SE (5505) design. Compatible Components (from 348 PCs). G5 15 (5505) Special Edition: Great Value, Rated 4/5 "The Dell G5 15 SE has a lot of power and puts in a competent performance when it comes to gaming on the higher end." 3. It is about 21.5 mm thick and weighs a lot, with an initial weight of about 2.5 kg. It has … I connected my HDMI cable for fun and upon exiting games, the second monitor gets green screened, then it blacks out to then restart. The Best Smartphones for Less Than 160 Euros. Thermal images from Tom’s Hardware clearly show the central area of the keyboard looking positively toasty, with a temperature recorded at 55.3 °C. Some times AWCC crashes in the background and I don't realize it is not running so the fans sometimes never turn on. 10.xx.xx. Look for driver version 20.10.18.2. Positives of the new Dell G5 15 SE have focused on the “blistering CPU performance” (Laptop Mag) and the “fantastic” 144 Hz refresh rate of the display (Digital Trends). The Dell G5 15 SE (5505) ran for 1 hour and 13 minutes in Battery Eater Pro, which is not great. The system also runs hotter when the RX5600M is disabled which makes no sense and another quirk I am looking in to but don't really care about since disabling the dedicated graphics card was just for troubleshooting purposes. But there has been one crucial aspect about the device that seems to have elicited split opinions from the reviewers: heat dissipation. Dell G5 15 5590: It would have been a good gaming laptop were it not for CPU throttling. edit 08/05/2020: I'll be factory resetting this laptop and returning it where I bought it. Alienware M15 R3, Dell G5 15 Special Edition, Dell G5 15, and Dell G3 15 gaming laptops featuring 10th-generation Intel and AMD Ryzen 4000 chips launched in India, Dell launches new XPS desktop with Comet Lake CPU and plenty of GPU options, Dell G7 17: Powerful 17-inch gaming laptop receives an eye-catching redesign; up to a Core i9-10980HK, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q and optional 300 Hz IPS or 4K OLED displays available, UserBenchmark confirms Dell Inspiron 15 7506 2-in-1 Tiger Lake refresh with an Intel Core i7-1165G7 and a 4K display, Dell G5 15 SE with AMD Ryzen 7 4800H records above 100 °C average CPU temperatures leaving the Asus TUF Gaming A15 as the better Ryzen 4000 gaming laptop option, Leak suggests that Microsoft is working on another AMD Surface product, Asus adds BIOS support for Renoir desktop processors; AMD Ryzen 5 4400G hits 3DMark, The AMD Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 Special Edition will be the only SmartShift laptop in 2020, AMD Ryzen 9 4900H no longer lags behind Ryzen 7 4800HS as it bashes out a better Time Spy result in Asus TUF Gaming A15 than in Dell G5 15 Special Edition, AMD Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 Special Edition gaming laptops available to buy - Ryzen 9 4900H model still MIA but a 120 Hz display option is coming in August, Dell G5 15 is now available in Intel 10th gen Comet Lake-H and AMD Ryzen 4000 Renoir flavors, but AMD as usual gets lesser oomph, Upcoming Dell G5 Special Edition gaming laptop will be overflowing with AMD treats such as a Ryzen 4000 H-series APU and Radeon RX 5600M GPU, CES 2020 | AMD Ryzen 7 4800H and Radeon RX 5600M come first to the Dell G5 15 Special Edition starting at US$799. I would return it now before you’re stuck with it. This package contains the Dell system BIOS update. Close. The 2020 Dell G5 15 5500 features the 45W 10th Generation Intel Comet Lake quad-core Intel Core i5-10300H up to 6-core Intel Core i7-10750H with the boost speed up to 5.00 GHz. On May 25, 2020 by Carol Moore. From drivers and manuals to diagnostic tools and replacement parts, Dell Product Support has you covered! It is a pretty chunky laptop computer at roughly 21.6mm in thickness, … Tabel 11. I do crash about every 2 hours or so. While the 2020 Dell G5 15 5505 Special Edition features the 45W Renoir (Zen 2) 6-core AMD Ryzen 5-4600H up to 8-core AMD Ryzen 9-4900H with the boost speed up to 4.40 GHz.. I have a degree in International Relations and Strategic Studies and count my family, reading, writing, and travel as the main passions of my life. You press the Function (Fn) key and hit F7 (G7) for High Performance Mode. It has … It's definitely a quality control issue, so I was given a completely new replacement and so far, I played games on it without issue for 3 hours or so (I was stress testing it to see if it would crash). I ran the system with factory installed windows with updates from Windows and Dell for a few days but eventually reformated my SSD and installed a clean copy of Win 10 (v2004) from Microsoft, installed the latest chipset and graphics drivers from AMD's website, and installed the rest of the drivers and apps I wanted from dell. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 P89F (G5 15 SE 5505 Series) Processor. So as the title implies, I just got this Dell G5 15 SE with the SmartShift technology. Dell G5 15 (5500): Rated 5/5 "The new Dell G5 gaming laptop is everything you want in a high end gaming laptop." Avoid 20.7.xx.xx. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 Review: AMD Ryzen Gaming Laptop. The Dell G5 15 SE (5505) seems to be nice on this Supernova Silver end, which has a rainbow-like speckled dots on the lid and a gray panel on the underside. I'm not sure if they'll solve the problem but at least we can raise concerns to them and hopefully get some driver updates/fixes. New update 08/08/2020: I RMA'd the laptop via Best Buy and they handled it through Dell. — MKAU Gaming Dell Inspirion G5 15 5505 - Unboxing - PreviewLink to another review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fl9Ge3BsWU — PC Gamer Latest Windows 10 update, drivers, etc. Close. It is a pretty chunky laptop computer at roughly 21.6mm in thickness, and heavy too, with a beginning weight of about 2.5kg. Go with the HP Omen, it’s very similar and has better QC than the Dell. It is a fairly chunky laptop at a thickness of roughly 21.6 mm, with a starting weight of around 2.5 kg, and also heavier. Make sure you use the correct AMD Adrenalin software suite. The computer was fine and I think it might have been a connection issue. I don't really want to bring the specs down either because I know this Laptop is more than capable of running good graphics. There’s nothing uncommon about a high-powered gaming laptop getting hot, especially under load, but it appears to be the heat around the keyboard area of the Dell device that is somewhat disconcerting. Reviews of the new Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 Special Edition (5505) gaming laptop have appeared online, and it seems that the potent AMD/Dell combination is proving to be something of a success so far. I hope this helps. Have you submitted a Dell support ticket? They are not as hot and you can undervolt them with RyzenADJ/Ryzen Controller. Mediakaartlezer De volgende tabel bevat de mediakaarten die worden ondersteund door uw Dell G5 5505. I'm still a noob when it comes to PC gaming in general so forgive me for these silly questions. Find out why we gave it our Reviewer’s Choice Award, and why this could be the gaming laptop you have been waiting for!. Like Tech News , Upcoming Mobiles , Latest iPhones , Best Gadgets With non-gaming usage, I was getting roughly three and a half hours of runtime. Dell G5 15 SE (5505) design. It’s a fairly chunky laptop at roughly 21.6mm in thickness, and heavy too, with a starting weight of about 2.5kg. This issue happens with any game and even the Dell Support diagnosis benchmarks on the 5600M, so I assume either the graphics driver isn't handling the 5600M properly or I got a defective unit. Uw Dell G5 15 5505 ondersteunt twee M.2 2230/2280 SSD's. Yikes. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. G5 15 (5505) Special Edition: Rated 84/100 "The impressive work/play balance of the G5 15 SE, coupled with a subtle design, shouldn't be ignored." My issue is that whenever I play games (Halo MCC, Warzone, etc), they boot, play for 5 seconds, then the screen freezes, audio stutters the last sound played, then it black screens to then restart. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/hmjuxy/i_finally_got_my_dell_g5_15_es_4800hrx5600m/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share. Drivers, Manuals & Support. Is it possible that the Dell G5 15 SE’s cooling solution is going to struggle with its components’ thermal emissions? I have updated all the drivers and updated the BIOS to 1.3.0. As for the other questions, not sure. Please share our article, every link counts! At just 21.6mm, the Dell G5 15 SE gaming laptop features a bold, gaming-inspired design available in Supernova Silver. The Dell G5 15 SE (5505) looks great in this supernova silver finish, with rainbow-like speckled dots on the lid and gray panel on the bottom. The cooling system can be slow to respond to rapid rise in temperature and a spike in temps can rise above the system's max temperature limit and cause it to crash. It's equipped with a Ryzen 5 4600H and RX 5600M. Help. Might be a defective unit. A friend of mine ordered the same laptop. The Dell G5 15 SE (5505) looks great in this Supernova Silver finish, which has a rainbow-like speckled dots on the lid and a grey panel on the bottom. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 is a Windows 10 PC with a 15.60-inch show that has a goal of 1920x1080 Tech Gurugram is one of the most comprehensive and state-of-the-art cell phone data sites. Seems this laptop is either too unstable due to the QC or I haven't figured it out yet. BIOS is a firmware package that is embedded on a small memory chip on the system board. Help. 8. Regardless of conflicting opinions, it could be that the Ryzen 4000 APU is getting too hot for the Dell G5 15 SE (5505) to handle. I sent my first back and have had 0 issues with my new one. The unofficial subreddit for Dell Technologies, Press J to jump to the feed. My interest in technology began after I was presented with an Atari 800XL home computer in the mid-1980s. Intelligent performanceDefeat the final boss on the Dell G5 15 5505 15.6" Gaming Laptop. Dell G5 15 (5500): Rated 4/5 "This laptop offers great gaming performance per pound and can work well as a general work machine." It controls the keyboard, monitor, disk drives, and other devices. CES 2020 | Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen bets big on AMD Renoir-H and Radeon RX 5600M, but will it pay off? Are you in Game/High performance mode in Alienware Command Center (AWCC). Reviews: HotHardware, Tom's Hardware, Laptop Mag, Digital Trends, Top 10 LaptopsMultimedia, Budget Multimedia, Gaming, Budget Gaming, Lightweight Gaming, Business, Budget Office, Workstation, Subnotebooks, Ultrabooks, Chromebooks, under 300 USD/Euros, under 500 USD/Euros, 1.000 USD/Euros, Top 10 SmartphonesSmartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesThe Best Smartphones for Less Than 160 Euros. Early reviews of the Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 Special Edition (5505) gaming laptop have started appearing, with most praising the AMD Renoir APU and others impressed by the 144 Hz display. Request. There has been some criticism of the overall build of the gaming laptop (“hefty” – Tom’s Hardware) and the screen brightness (“tame” – HotHardware). Speculation of what caused the 8.37% difference has mostly centered on a less efficient cooling solution inside the Dell laptop. Memory upgrade for Dell G5 SE 5505. Yep, tossed it in high performance mode, temps dropped significantly. Short of that support.amd.com and grab the latest mobile chipset and RX5600M Drivers and give them a try. Someone mentioned above about redownloading Windows 10 & not using the factory preinstalled version? At the moment, the Dell configurator allows shoppers to choose between an AMD Ryzen 5 4600H mobile APU and a Ryzen 7 4800H processor, with a Ryzen 9 4900H-powered model expected at some point down the line. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Same thing happens to me if I don't hit fn F7 (G mode) before playing games or benchmarking. Considering the Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 SE has only just become available, it's surprising that there have already been comments made by concerned users about its heat development. When I try to play without it I have terrible FPS, I know the G7 button is performance mode but that doesn't seem to work? Powered by a Ryzen 5 processor, you have six cores of power to game, stream and chat simultaneously.For reduced Dell G5 15 SE 5505 gaming laptop review: Does the trick for gamers Quelle: Gadgets Now EN→DE The Dell G5 5505 is a competent machine for gamers. The Dell G5 15 5500 is a 15.6-inch gaming powerhouse that offers affordable RTX gaming, with on-site warranty!. We reported on some leaked Time Spy benchmarks recently that showed an AMD Ryzen 9 4900H in an Asus TUF Gaming A15 laptop producing a much better result than with the new Dell G5 15: 9,090 points vs. 8,388 points. Get drivers and downloads for your Dell Dell G5 SE 5505. Thank you guys so much. Is there any known fixes for this issue or anything I could try? I’ve factory reset, changed drivers, turned off turbo boost, updated BIOS, everything. However, there are hints that the cooling solution of the Dell G5 15 SE could be flawed, especially when dealing with a Ryzen 9 4900H chip. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Early reviews of the Ryzen 4000-based Dell G5 15 Special Edition (5505) gaming laptop have started appearing, with most praising the AMD Renoir APU and others impressed by the 144 Hz display. Hi, I have the exact same model G5 SE as you. The Dell G5 SE has it's own specific driver separate from other Ryzen laptops. The G-Series is Dell’s range of affordable gaming laptops, with the G5 15 as the mid-range option with a 15.6-inch display. Popular components found in the Dell G5 5505. Dell G5 15 Series : What Is It? Reinstall latest graphic driver from amd and while installing in "additional options" check factory reset, try again. It’s typical Dell QC issues. If I disable the RX5600M it works fine after restart. It’s theoretically possible to get a thermal burn at this temperature. Edit2 08/05/2020: They will be sending me a new unit in two days. Or maybe I only tried that when it's plugged in. Dell G5 15 SE (5505) Design. The only issue I had was that when I connected it to HDMI, it would be fine for a few minutes but suddenly go to a green screen. — TechRadar. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 - game freezes, black screens, then reboot. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 Configurations Our review unit costs $1,289.99 with its AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU, AMD Radeon RX 5600M GPU, 16GB of RAM, 512GB of storage and a 15… ... Has anyone found a manufacturer that can provide 32GB 3200 CL16 upgrade kits for the Dell G5 15 SE 2020? Posted by 4 months ago. This laptop has some extremely promising specs especially being brand new with a 4000 series mobile APU, so it's no slouch and I really want to try to fix this issue before I refund it and move on to another gaming laptop. The bottom of the case doesn’t seem to cause concern in regard to heat issues: HotHardware published images of a teardown of the all-AMD Dell G5 15 SE that show it to have what appears to be a thorough cooling solution in place, consisting of three heat pipes, the prerequisite CPU and GPU fans, and various copper heat spreaders installed on the inside of the bottom case. Storagespecificaties Storagetype Interfacetype Capaciteit M.2 2230/2280 SSD PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe Maximaal 1 TB Specificaties van Dell G5 5505 13. g-series-15-5505-laptop | Dell G5 SE 5505 Service Manual | working-inside-your-computer New update 08/08/2020: I RMA'd the laptop via Best Buy and they handled it through Dell. Dell G5 15 SE 5505 Laptopspecificaties Notebook: Dell G5 15 SE 5505 Processor: AMD Renoir (Ryzen 4000 APU) R7 4800H Grafische Kaart: AMD Radeon RX 5600M 6144 MB Beeldscherm: 15.60 inch, 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixels Gewicht: 2.5kg Links: Dell startpagina Dell laptopsectie Pricecompare — Pocket-lint. AMD Radeon RX 5600M - … The only problem I have run in to since the clean install of Win 10 is that my G5 SE (I have the 4800H, 144Hz, 8GB RAM model) locks up when waking up from sleep. Alright, so I think I discovered something. Daniel R Deakin, 2020-06- 9 (Update: 2020-06- 9). AMD is in a position where it has been catering some of the very best gaming laptops without any compromise. As soon as we get a review device we will investigate further and check for any problems or hopefully see that the device is stable under long-term gaming loads. Somewhere while doing the above two steps my laptop stopped crashing. The thermals in the G5 15SE are related to a firmware bug that I have been fighting with Dell on. Dell G5 15 SE (5505) design. IMHO they swapped the GPU and CPU thermal profiles inside of the SmartShift controller hub. This laptop uses Smartshift and is quite a bit different due to that. On the out of the box factory image from dell with updates I was having a few lag spikes, crashes, and system freezes. To enable AMD SmartShift technology, Dell has also fitted the G15 15 SE with a Radeon RX 5600M. I only play Warzone. Does performance mode automatically turn on when plugged in? G5 15 (5505) Special Edition: Rated 4/5 "The Dell G5 15 SE is an excellent budget gaming laptop, offering strong performance and long battery life for an affordable price." It was supposedly fine until he was playing Destiny 2 and within 10 minutes, he faces the same issue. I would like to not crash at all. Edit: A side note don't download the graphic driver through dell updates. I know my post is long but I never really much talk about this Laptop given that it's relatively new & I'm looking to get the most out of this 1000$ investment.